Allergan Australia and Privacy
This information explains how we comply with Australian privacy requirements. This information may be updated from time to time.
Allergan Australia’s system for complying with Australian privacy requirements includes:
- our commitment to compliance with privacy requirements;
- our policy and approach to privacy, as explained in this information;
- our resources allocated to privacy, and the training and education we undertake.
Collecting your personal information
Depending on your involvement with Allergan Australia, we may collect personal information about you such as your name, your contact details, other information that allows you to be identified and information about your circumstances and preferences.
We collect this information when we ask you for it and you provide it, and also through technology that collects the information automatically.
Using your personal information
Generally, we use your personal information for our business, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
- to respond to your requests such as for information, product, services, including managing your on line accounts with us and providing warranty service where this applies to products;
- to provide you with general health information, where this is permissible, such as information about certain health conditions, as well as information about our products and services;
- to provide you with marketing communications and invitations and offers for products and services including new products and services that we have not offered before but we believe may be of interest to you;
- to administer promotional programmes, such as sweepstakes, rewards and rebate programmes;
- to operate programmes and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly (on the Terms applicable);
- to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or programmes;
- if you have a business or professional relationship with Allergan, to develop our business relationship with you;
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider you for employment;
- for our research and development efforts;
- to de-identify/anonymise data so that it is no longer personal information;
- for product safety, such as adverse event reporting or to communication product safety information to you;
- for other everyday business purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, product and service development, contract management, website administration, fulfilment, analysing data, preventing fraud, undertaking governance of our business and company, complying with legal obligations including reporting, producing documents to answer court orders or legal process.
When your choice is to continue to deal with us, we take it that you agree to and consent to our using your personal information in these ways, providing we follow the system and approach we explain in this information and comply with the law.
Disclosing your personal information
In using your personal information as we have explained above, we may pass on your personal information including outside Australia mostly in countries where Allergan, which is headquartered in the United States, does business:
- to others who are providing services to Allergan Australia;
- to other Allergan companies;
- in other ways that you may specifically agree to, in addition to the general agreement and consent we have explained in the previous section on our using your personal information.
When we pass on or share your personal information in this way, we require others not to use or disclose your personal information beyond what you have agreed or consented to or is otherwise legally permitted.
Also, please bear in mind that we may use and pass on information about you from which you cannot be identified because we have anonymised/de-identified the information. Information of that kind that we use or pass on to others does not include your personal information.
Security systems for your personal information
Allergan Australia uses various systems and services to safeguard your personal information, as part of its business systems and processes.
Contact with Allergan Australia about your personal information
You may wish to contact Allergan Australia to access your personal information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy. Our privacy email contact address is PrivacyOfficer-Aust@allergan.com and further contact details for Allergan Australia are set out below.
Allergan Australia Pty Limited
Locked Bag 1514
PYMBLE NSW 2073
Phone: +612 9498 0100
Last updated: July 2014